Mid-Month Update February 15, 2014
You are receiving this email because you are a past or current investor with Altus Equity Group, LP or one of its companies, or because you have asked us to inform you of future investment opportunities or because you have contacted us to be added to this distribution. If you receive this email in error, or wish to unsubscribe, please email us and we will remove you from distribution.
Love is in the air at Altus! As this is my first time authoring a Mid-Month Update I am thrilled to be able to announce that Forrest and his wife Melissa welcomed Keaton Joseph Jinks on February 5th, 2014 - weighing in at 7 pounds, 14 ounces. Baby, Mom, Dad and big sister Aleah are all happy and healthy. Keaton has already made his first visit to the Altus offices, much to the delight of the team!
Things have really picked up around here the last few weeks after the expected slow down we experienced around the holidays. Lots of prospects coming our way and we are spending a good portion of our time being disciplined in our research for those opportunities.
A few miscellaneous items before I summarize what we’ve been up to lately.
- We will be temporarily relocating our offices to 1220 N. Dutton in Santa Rosa as of Monday, March 3rd. Our goal is to be up and running first thing that morning, but we ask that you please be patient if you experience delays in responses that day.
- Please join me in welcoming Karen Spotleson to the Altus Team! As outlined in previous updates and newsletters, Altus is growing rapidly and as a result, we needed more help. Karen is joining us in the position of Administrative Assistant and comes to us most recently from Sonoma County Carpets and Blinds – a company she and her husband started from the ground up and have built into a successful and growing business.
And now on to the business at hand…
Funds: This is an exciting time for Altus as we are now less than 2 weeks away from closing our Multi Tenant Income Fund on February 28th. We still have space available, but please remember that reservations for the fund are taken on a first come, first served basis and there is a limit to the amount of investment funds we can accept. Please contact our office if you would like additional information or to determine whether this Fund is a fit for your investment objectives.
As a reminder, Fund investors get the first opportunity to invest in Opportunity Knocks projects.
We are currently evaluating several multi-unit properties that we have accepted offers on, but aren’t sure whether or not they will be a good fit for the Multi Tenant Income Fund or if we will be moving forward with them.
- This past Friday, we closed on the purchase of a ½ acre commercial lot (currently with a single family home on it) within walking distance to the Square in downtown Sonoma. We will be spending some time next week with City Planners to help us in evaluating the highest and best use of this property before determining how we will proceed.
- This coming week we will be closing on a single family home in Santa Rosa that we will spend 3-4 weeks rehabbing and then put back on the market for sale.
- We currently have single family homes in Santa Rosa, CA (Oakmont), Rocklin, CA, and Fair Oaks, CA on the market for sale.
- We are in contract for the sale of Condo unit in Carmichael and within the next two weeks we will also be placing a single family property in Sonoma on the market for sale.
As always, investors or potential investors are welcome to visit any of these properties to view first-hand the workmanship of our contractors.
Finally, I believe it’s worth mentioning that we received an unsolicited offer for the commercial building we purchased in December for $1 million more than we paid. We don’t know if this will ultimately pan out and we have a lot of work to do to make the deal come together, but we are extremely excited for the possibility.
If you do not currently receive our Opportunity Knocks emails with specific investment deals or have interest in discussing any of the above business lines in greater depth please respond to this email or contact our office at (707) 932-5887. We will happily add you to our distribution list and/or schedule an appointment to discuss your investing needs further.
Altus Equity Group, LP